What is it like for young children to engage in computational thinking? Learn the foundations of computational thinking and explore pre-coding activities for our early learners. Discuss the benefits of coding and programming as we engage in appropriate hands-on coding activities that support problem solving, critical thinking and creativity. Participate ‘in the playground’ as we showcase some of the robotics developed for early learners.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand what pre-coding and computational thinking is for our early learners.
- Apply the benefits of coding and programming to the existing classroom curriculum.
- Experience several early learning activities and robotics and their uses.
- Develop an implementation plan to introduce the foundational concepts of computational thinking and coding.
- Content Areas: Computer Science
- Audience: Administrators, Educators, After School Providers, Community, Business, SPED
- Time Frame: half day
- Training Delivery Method: your location, regional workshop
- Device Requirements: Personal Computing Device, Laptop