Webb Leveling & Higher Order Thinking: What do I ask and how do I assess?
To deliver quality assessments we must identify the specific level of learning required and then write quality assessment questions to verify we helped students reach higher levels of thinking. We know we assess what we value, but what does your district value? Are your district and classroom assessments aligned to best teaching practices which address skills based instruction as outlined in the CCSS? Do your assessments align to the new curriculum plan adopted by your district?
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of skills-based instruction and the 21st Century classroom
- Gain an understanding of developing and implementing assessments aligned to the Common Core State Standard
- Discuss developing, implementing, and accountability to higher order assessments
- Gain knowledge of benefits and how to implement a quality, well-balanced plan for utilizing formative, interim, and summative assessments
At a Glance
- Content Areas: Assessments
- Audience: Administrators, Educators
- Time Frame: full day, 1+ days
- Training Delivery Method: your location
- Device Requirements: No Device Needed