Learn a collaborative and innovative way to teach STEM activities incorporating robotics and technology, coding and 21st century skills. Use the basics of Code.org and Scratch as tools to support programming for coding extensions. Investigate several coding extensions such as: Ozobots, Sphero, Dash, Edison robot and LittleBits. This half day or one day workshop can be customized for elementary through high school.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Navigate Code.org and understand its potential.
- Have a working knowledge of Scratch and be able to use it and block code with the coding extensions.
- Have a familiarity with a variety of robotics and their use in the classroom.
- Develop an STEM implementation plan for the use of computer science and robotics in the classroom.
- Content Areas: Computer Science
- Audience: Administrators, Educators, After School Providers, Community, SPED
- Time Frame: full day, 1+ days
- Training Delivery Method: your location, regional workshop
- Device Requirements: Personal Computing Device, Laptop