In partnership with Code.org,TIE will host a no-cost, one-day workshop for K-6 educators interested in teaching computer science . Workshops will cover grade level appropriate curriculum and offer supplies to teach the course. The workshop will include In-person instruction from an experienced computer science facilitator, including an intro to computer science, pedagogy, overview of the online curriculum, teacher dashboard, and strategies for teaching “unplugged” classroom activities.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Teach computer science using a free cohesive and flexible curriculum.
- Successfully navigate the Code.org website, course material and lesson plans.
- Begin teaching computer science to their students using online and hands-on learning resources.
- Set up a classroom section to include personal student accounts and be able to track student progress.
- Use strategies for teaching computer science including independent, pair and group work.
- Content Areas: Computer Science, Digital Literacy, Tech Tools
- Audience: Educators, SPED
- Time Frame: full day
- Training Delivery Method: your location, regional workshop
- Device Requirements: Laptop