A move toward more authentic tasks and outcomes improves teaching and learning. In authentic assessments, learners have greater clarity about their obligations and are asked to master more engaging tasks, and facilitators can see assessment results as meaningful and useful for improving instruction. Topics include: Project Based Learning, Peer Teaching, Performance Tasks, ePortfolios, Rubrics and Student Self-Assessment.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between traditional and authentic assessment.
- Determine what forms of authentic assessment will work best in their content area.
- Access or create project based learning resources.
- Access or create performance tasks.
- Access or create ePortfolios.
- Access or create rubrics Utilize a variety of student self-assessments.
- Content Areas: Customized Learning
- Audience: Administrators, Educators, After School Providers, SPED
- Time Frame: 1+ days
- Training Delivery Method: your location, regional workshop
- Device Requirements: Personal Computing Device