Project Based Learning
Project-Based Learning is spreading quickly and many educators are seeking it out to offer more meaningful and engaging lessons for their students. The traditional classroom where learning occurs in the vacuum of separate and distinct islands will soon be replaced by interconnected curriculum via authentic inquiry based learning experiences. There are many Project-Based resources available today. One of the goals for this class is to expose you to these resources and help you develop your own personal notion of Project-Based Lessons within the context of your own classroom.
Project-Based Learning is immediately available through our Self-Paced Online Courses.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the basic elements of a Project-Based Unit and evaluate how it might be used in supporting a student centered classroom
- Evaluate options for planning documents and decide on one to use as your test planning document to organize your Project-Based Unit
- Familiarize yourself with a new tech tool that will facilitate the customization of the Project-Based approach
- Recognize the elements that support and promote student inquiry and envision how they might be implemented with your students
- Familiarize yourself with current brain research and how Project-Based Units support recent findings
- Check out some Project-Based planning Explore a technology tool you might want to incorporate into your Project-Based process
- Familiarize yourself with assessment options within a Project-Based context
- Analyze Rubrics related to performance tasks and project creation
- Familiarize yourself with technology integration options for the implementation of a Project-Based
- Review the recommended steps for Project-Based Lesson implementation
- Familiarize yourself with a sample LMS (Learning management system) for managing classroom Project-Based student data.
At a Glance
- Content Areas: Cultural Work, Customized Learning, Instructional Strategies, Literacy, Math, Tech Tools
- Audience: Administrators, Educators, After School Providers, Community, SPED
- Time Frame: half day, full day, 1+ days
- Training Delivery Method: online, your location, regional workshop, Free/TIE Membership
- Device Requirements: Personal Computing Device, Laptop, ipad, Chromebook