Mindfulness for Educators 101
Mindfulness for Educators 101 is an introductory workshop on the practice of mindfulness, and its benefits to educators, students, and the learning environment. This interactive course builds educators’ capacity to apply mindfulness to their lives and their classrooms. Educators will learn what mindfulness is, the science behind it, how to establish a practice, and how to start incorporating it into the classroom.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of mindfulness.
- Identify the three main components of mindfulness.
- Understand the positive effect of mindfulness on the brain.
- Build awareness of how mindfulness impacts well-being of both teachers and students.
- Build awareness of the benefits of mindfulness for the classroom environment.
- List ways to practice mindfulness at home and in the classroom.
- Identify action steps to establish a mindfulness practice at home and in the classroom.
At a Glance
- Content Areas: Social Emotional Learning
- Audience: Administrators, Educators, After School Providers, Community, Business, SPED
- Time Frame: full day, 1+ days
- Training Delivery Method: your location
- Device Requirements: Laptop