Meet Edison Robot- our newest programmable robot for all ages!
Why Edison? Edison is an affordable and versatile programmable robot designed to be a complete STEM teaching resource for coding and robotics education for students. Children as young as four years old can begin to explore the STEM education topics of coding and robotics using Edison’s pre-set programs and remote-control operation capabilities. Older students can learn the fundamentals of coding as they progress from drag-and-drop icon-based programming all the way through to coding in a vertical text-based language.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Use Edison robot for teaching a wide range of STEM topics, including robotics and computer programming.
- Consider which Edison robot language is best suited for their students.
- Help students progress their computational thinking, robotics, coding and STEM education journeys using Edison each step of the way.
- Begin using Edison robot in their classroom with the free resources, activities and lesson plans available for all programming languages.
At a Glance
- Content Areas: Computer Science, Tech Tools
- Audience: Administrators, Educators, After School Providers, Community, Business, SPED
- Time Frame: half day
- Training Delivery Method: your location, regional workshop
- Device Requirements: Laptop