Students often walk into a math classroom with anxiety and fear, saying they are not good at math, or that they inherited the “bad math gene” from their parents. These pre-conceived ideas and societal norms often hold students back from succeeding in a math classroom. In this class you will learn that all people can learn math, and learn it well if a student’s mindset is in the right place.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Learn ways to give students a positive mindset
- Turn mistakes and struggles into valuable learning experiences
- Learn the importance of flexibility with numbers
- How to teach math for a growth mindset
- How to assess students for a growth mindset