Make Learning Personal
This is a four-unit module about personalizing learning. If you have read the book, Inevitable: Mass Customized Learning, you already have some knowledge about what we are talking about. In this workshop we will reference both books. Personalized learning is starting to happen all over the country and we need to not only understand WHAT it is, but also how we can make it happen in our schools.
Make Learning Personal is immediately available through our Self-Paced Online Courses.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Gain a better idea of the meaning of the term personalized learning and learn about strategies to implement this concept
- Understand how much this is being discussed on a national level. consider personal philosophies of education
- Revisit learning theorists and learn about their influences on the concept of personalized learning
- Evaluate their own learning styles and find ways to help students with theirs
- Study the stages of personalized learning environments and evaluate where they are in the process
- Look at how other schools in other countries and in this country are progressing towards personalized learning
- Understand more about the continuum of moving from traditional education to the goal of forming expert learners
- Understand factors that motivate learners
- Better understand the starting point for personalized education
- Work with the UDL guidelines