TIE proudly announces this free professional development opportunity for school librarians in South Dakota, Wyoming and North Dakota. Participants will learn skills needed to utilize Open Educational Resources (OER), to integrate digital applications into professional practices, and to serve as instructional leaders in their schools. The target group will be librarians in rural school districts with populations of less than 1,000. Participants must commit to the entire three year cohort (July 2018 through June 2021). The opportunity is limited to 13 participants per state. Priority consideration will be given to school librarians in:
- districts, public, private or BIE, located on or within 50 miles from any Tribal Reservation;
- librarians in Hutterite Colony schools;
- rural school districts with a K-12 student population of under 500;
- schools identified as Priority or Focus Schools.
Goals and Outcomes: This project will address needs of rural school librarians as they transition to a more digital-based environment. Through face-to-face and virtual opportunities, the project will also provide librarians with opportunities to build capacity as instructional leaders to other school personnel, including teachers, administrators and paraprofessionals. Included Professional Development Opportunities:
2 Online Courses and 4 Webinars per School Year
- Online Course 3: Leadership and Collaboration 09/01/19 – 12/01/19
- Online Course 4: OER Framework in Depth 01/15/20 – 04/30/20
Webinar Series Year 2
- October 10, 2019 3:30 MT (4:30 CT) – Wyoming State Library
- December 5, 2019 4:30 MT (5:30 CT) – South Dakota State Library
- January 9, 2020 4:30 MT (5:30 CT) – North Dakota State Library
- February 20, 2020 4:30 MT (5:30 CT) – Expanding Your Professional Learning Network
Webinar Series Year 1
- January 10 4:30 MT (5:30 CT) Digital Learning Day
- February 7 4:30 MT (5:30 CT) Digital Literacy vs. Digital Skills
- March 7 4:30 MT (5:30 CT) Student Roles in Digital Communities
- April 4 4:30 MT (5:30 CT) Expanding Your PLN
Includes 4 graduate credits per year
Click HERE to Apply by October 1, 2019 to join the current waiting list.
There has been an overwhelming response to the “Reaching Out” professional development opportunity for school librarians. However, as we enter year two, we’d like to fill the spots on our waiting list. If any of the current participants are unable to continue, waiting list participants will be invited to join the cohort.
For more information contact Julie Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, grant RE-70-18-0050-18