Higher Order Thinking Skills to Support Customized Learning
A main goal of educators is to teach learners how to be critical thinkers. Instead of simply memorizing facts and ideas, children need to engage in higher levels of thinking to reach their fullest potential. Practicing Higher Order Thinking (HOT) skills will give learners the tools they need to understand, infer, connect, categorize, synthesize, evaluate, and apply the information they know to find solutions to new and existing problems. Learn how questioning and thinking routines can increase the level of learner thinking.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand higher order thinking skills.
- Understand how Webb Leveling supports higher order thinking.
- Create Webb-leveled questions.
- Create higher-order thinking assessments.
- Use Socratic seminars to assist with higher-order thinking skills.