Gifted or Accelerated Learners: understanding the need
Gifted students and accelerated learners are actually two separate types of students. This workshop will cover how to identify and work with both types of students to meet their needs. These students are looking for deeper learning opportunities to connect previous knowledge to new ideas and build upon them.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify a gifted student.
- Recognize accelerated learners.
- Have resources available to support understanding the needs for these special learners.
- Develop ideas on how to engage the opportunity for deeper thinking and “going beyond” in a large class setting.
At a Glance
- Content Areas: Customized Learning, Instructional Strategies
- Audience: Administrators, Educators, SPED
- Time Frame: half day
- Training Delivery Method: your location, regional workshop
- Device Requirements: Personal Computing Device