Foundational Reading Skills
Foundational Reading Skills Training will focus on the Big 5 literacy skills: phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and reading comprehension. The training will include the research-informed knowledge base and practical sample lessons. Teachers will learn effective implementation of explicit instruction while following sequence for mastery in each of the Big 5 areas. The training skills and materials can be used for implementation into teaching practices during the school year.
This 3-5 day training applies to all grades and teachers. The length of the training depends on the grade level of students. It is also beneficial for other content area classrooms.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Learn the research on effective reading (National Reading Panel).
- Practice effective instructional reading strategies.
- Have access to many sample lessons for immediate implementation
At a Glance
- Content Areas: Instructional Strategies, Literacy
- Audience: Administrators, Educators, After School Providers, Community, SPED
- Time Frame: 1+ days
- Training Delivery Method: your location, regional workshop
- Device Requirements: Laptop