Digital Literacy Platforms
Digital literacy includes knowledge, skills, and behaviors involving the effective use of digital devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop PC’s for purpose of communication, expression, collaboration and advocacy. This class will explore how to teach these skills to our students through use of free, online curriculum. Compare and contract several options to find the best fit for your program and get things started right away!
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Develop a fundamental understanding of computers and connections.
- Learn to interact and communicate with others safely in an online environment.
- Explore operating system basics.
- Understand the different productivity software and how to identify which ones are the best fit for your needs.
- Use digital technology, communication tools or networks to locate, evaluate and create information.