The course incorporates five phases to help you implement Digital Literacy in your classroom. As education evolves toward customized learning, digital literacy skills become absolutely critical–unfortunately, most students and educators “don’t know what they don’t know.” Even the best problem solving skills can be hampered without a deep understanding of the processes for digging past surface level information often found on the web. Examine the importance of students acquiring vital digital literacy skills for better problem solving as well as implications for using these tools in a customized environment.
Digital Literacy is immediately available through our Self-Paced Online Courses.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- utilize advanced search and navigation methods to locate material online
- draw conclusions from material found online evaluate material found online
- understand copyright and plagiarism issues in the classroom along with tools to teach the issues
- explore their digital footprint and develop lessons to teach students about their own digital footprint
- develop a process for collaboration and sharing content online