Developing Learner Agency
Learner Agency is defined as possessing the mindset and know-how to act in a manner which empowers and positions learners for a life-time of learning. A “learner-centered” focus is at the core of customized learning. As an investment and contribution to this effort, a team at TIE is working to clarify and build shared understanding around the term learner agency as it relates to learners in the context of schools committed to the implementation of customized learning. Tools and resources to support Learner Agency will be provided.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe what learner agency and empowered students look like.
- Build a repertoire of learner agency resources.
- Use tangible strategies to move learners toward empowerment.
- Implement the learner agency interactive reflection tool to suit their needs
At a Glance
- Content Areas: Customized Learning
- Audience: Administrators, Educators
- Time Frame: 1+ days
- Training Delivery Method: your location, regional workshop
- Device Requirements: Personal Computing Device