Culturally Responsive Classroom
What is culturally responsive teaching? In what ways does implicit bias affect my teaching practice? How do I connect with learners from different racial, socio-economic, or cultural backgrounds than me? This course will enable facilitators to create a classroom environment that is culturally responsive in order to answer these questions.
Culturally Responsive Classroom is immediately available through our Self-Paced Online Courses.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Define culturally responsive teaching.
- Compare positive and negative personal education experiences.
- Explore implicit bias.
- Engage in critical self-reflection (“Inside-out” approach to reflection).
- Identify personal role in Culturally Responsive Teaching, “Who Am I?”.
- Apply principles of neuroscience to culturally responsive teaching.
- Explore the implications of Hammond’s ideas as they relate to your teaching practice.
- Apply CRT concepts to existing lessons.
- Develop a culturally responsive lesson plan for your content area.
- Apply Oceti Sakowin Essential Understandings (OSEU) to what has been learned about CRT.