Content Gap Analysis to Improve Student Achievement
Curriculum and Gap Analysis will help you answer: Why do I teach what I teach when I teach it? Do my assessments match my instruction? Do I teach the content to the depths of understanding embedded in the standards? Which standards am I hitting frequently; which standards am I touching upon; which standards am I missing? During a series of events you will be equipped with content diaries, content organizers and other tools to use throughout the year to provide data to find answers to these questions, locate resources to fill your gaps and remove instruction that is inappropriate for your grade level.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Align curriculum materials to the content standards.
- Analyze taught curriculum and assessed curriculum.
- Consider the amount of time spent on materials as they relate to the CCSS.
- Learn how to use the Gap Analysis Diary tool to identify gaps and overlaps in the instruction.
- Build an understanding of what the gaps and weaknesses are.
- Determine how to fill the gaps Select high quality lessons and activities to fill the gaps.