Computer Science: “The Makey Makey Invention Literacy Workshop for Educators”
The Makey Makey Invention Literacy Workshop for Educators is a fun, hands-on learning experience where you’ll learn how to teach Invention Literacy, Making and Design Thinking using the award winning Makey Makey invention kit. We’ll explore how to teach circuits and conductivity using Makey Makeys and then put those skills to use to design your own invention with the meaningful integration of content standards.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Imagine and build creative circuits.
- Build simple and effective programs using the free Scratch coding program that will support a Makey Makey design challenge.
- Learn how to create and solve open ended design challenges using the Makey Makey.
- Learn how to build a variety of sensors that provide feedback.
- Explore how the Makey Makey resources and methodologies support learning outcomes in their classroom.
At a Glance
- Content Areas: Computer Science, Customized Learning
- Time Frame:
- Training Delivery Method:
- Device Requirements: