Changing Assessment Grading Practices
Grading only on achievement focuses solely on learners’ proficiency on well-defined course objectives. It fundamentally changes what grades measure and how they communicate that information. While grading practices that emphasize only achievement and proficiency are gaining in popularity, these practices have still not been widely implemented. Engage in discussions about ineffective grading practices and their remedies. Make informed decisions about what your district needs to change in your grading practices to move away from grading and toward performance assessments.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Determine ineffective grading practices that are not supportive of customized learning.
- Find remedies to the ineffective grading practices that support customized learning.
- Move away from grading to performance assessments with rubrics.
At a Glance
- Content Areas: Customized Learning
- Audience: Administrators, Educators
- Time Frame: full day
- Training Delivery Method: your location
- Device Requirements: Personal Computing Device