Graduate Credit FAQ

Graduate credit is offered for each of our TIE professional development workshops.

Depending on the workshop or event, we offer graduate credit through the University of Sioux Falls, individual public universities in South Dakota, and/or the South Dakota Board of Regents for Universal Credit. The Universal Credit option is handled through the University of South Dakota. Students who enroll for graduate credit for workshops offering Board of Regents Universal Credit will have the opportunity to register for credit from the University of their choice: Black Hills State University, Dakota State University, Northern State University, South Dakota State University, University of South Dakota.

  • Q: How do I register for graduate credit and make the payment?

    University of Sioux Falls credit: The fastest and easiest way to register for credit is to find the workshop you are registering for in USF's TIE catalog and pay with a credit card through the secure registration system. If you would rather register by mail, complete the entire graduate credit registration form (PDF or Word) and mail with a check ($45 per credit hour payable to USF) to USF, Attn: Kari Clark, 1101 W. 22nd Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57105 with appropriate payment.

    Board of Regents Universal Credit: If your workshop offers graduate credit with the Board of Regents, you will receive direction from your instructor on how to enroll and pay with a credit card through the University of South Dakota‚Äôs secure web site. The amount is $40 per credit hour payable to the university from which you have selected to receive graduate credit. The instructor may provide you with a University of South Dakota Graduate Credit Enrollment form, if you wish to pay with a check. You would then send this form to the address at the bottom of the enrollment form.

  • Q: When and where will my grade be available? Each course has an assigned faculty member who will submit the grades. Typically, grades are submitted within a week of the official ending date assigned to the course. Please allow 4 weeks for your grade to show up on your transcript with your chosen university.

  • Q: How do I obtain a transcript for this professional development? Please contact the Registrar’s Office at the University from which you have selected to request a transcript.

  • Q: Who may I contact for further information? Becky Fish, (605) 721-4515.